View Single Post
Old 22 Dec 2022, 14:33 (Ref:4137855)   #1709
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Regarding the discussion about the thread title - I can see how it is a tricky consideration.

Looking back at the origins - the first inclincation of where these threads were heading was in Dec 2008 'Idea for 2009': "There is a school of thought that all the threads end up as a private forum of about 5 people sharing in jokes which rarely have any relevance to the thread.
All of the current threads have gone round in a circle and have sadly lost some interesting and relevant posters as a result..."

At the time - a few posters made comments such as:
"I do wonder whether all the 'in' gossip puts others off from joining us"
"I find some of the "in crowd" banter rather boring and tedious"
"you tend to get a clique and it can be difficult to get into that clique"

If the next thread is referencing someone who no longer posts and has decided to leave the forum, is that not even more 'cliquey' and goes against the entire spirit of these threads in the first place?
Agree with all the above.