View Single Post
Old 5 Dec 2016, 15:10 (Ref:3693903)   #1872
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Here's a question for you guys:

Back here in the states I like flying flags at my campsite. I have an American Le Mans Series flag and a Michelin flag that are always proudly flown. Both of these flags are of the variety where they do not have the grommet holes to affix to a pole, rather they are of the sleeve variety, whereby the pole would be inserted into the sleeve on that side of the flag.

So my inexpensive, temporary flag poles that I use here are made up from plastic pvc pipes that are inserted into rebar that is hammered into the ground.

Now then. Say that I want to fly these flags while in Le Mans. I see that lots of people in the grandstands have what appear to be inexpensive, telescoping poles that are used to fly flags. This does seem to be more of a Euro-centric thing as I see them at music festivals over there too. Where does someone find these?

Basically, I am just looking for advice from anyone who has experience in flying flags over there. Where does one buy the pole, or supplies to make a pole in France?