View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2008, 10:09 (Ref:2187929)   #170
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You have got a point there. There isn't much sincerity at the ACO, really. And it just seems to me that regulations are somehow banning Audi's performance as compared to Peugeot, in a subtle way. And also, to me, the safety issue never sounded quite well. Where is the responsability of a manufacturer like Bugatti when handing 1001 hp, 407 km/h cars to the public - amateur drivers basically - as opposed to the ACO letting the LMP1s (which sport huge amounts of downforce - and therefore, driveability) go over 340 km/h on the Mulsanne, once a year, with some of the greatest professional drivers in the world at their wheels?

On the other hand, I also read somewhere in these forums that dr. Wolfgang Ullrich stated they will have a new LMP1 out soon, and one that will still be an open car. Now that really doesn't make a lot of sense either, because from 2010 open prototypes will not be allowed to race Le Mans anymore. So, they're building a new car for 2009, which would be its test year, and than have to replace it or fully abandon the LMP1 project (maybe to give Porsche the room in LMP1, and Audi moving to GTs?)? Weird...