View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2004, 20:43 (Ref:882113)   #12
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris Pinderski is the former Associate Medical Director. So not exactly a novice stepping into the breach. Seems on one hand Olvey wants time away from the track (R&D as he says), but now that it's been handed to him he's upset.

In addition, the article dribbles on about how the system is being dismantled. Well frankly, if removing a couple of staff dismantles the system then the system was too reliant on them. Any good system should remain intact even if you remove staff, so I'm not buying that either.

If, as he says, removing them screws up the system, then I guess they should have involved their backups in the operations a bit more and have spread the experience around some. Even they admit to that. "..but the new medical director (Chris Pinderski) has been with us for 10 years. He doesn't have as much experience as Steve and I but he hasn't had the opportunity."

"It's ridiculous. Why would you want to screw up the best system in the world?" said Olvey. "Neither one of us is going to be at the race track or the medical center and it's going to be mostly inexperienced people."

Perhaps Steve, but if you two guys were responsible for the oversight of the medical team did it ever occur to you that the day may come or some unforeseen circumstance may happen that may lead to you being unavailable and that the system would have to function without you ?