View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2021, 18:11 (Ref:4066894)   #2529
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Frustrating day.
All my fault and must think harder.
We had a practice run this morning and what a circus it was for me.
Bogged down nearly stalling on the line (never in 30 years have I stall a car on the line) but recovered from that and ran up the hill, my mind 'behind' the car. Not good.
Tried taking 4th up the strail and steepest part of the hill. Not Good.

Coming into the Esses, changed from 4th to third and then from 3rd to 2nd except this pratt went back to 4th...Not good at all.
Came into the Esses at speed in 4th and it sounded/felt the engine had dies, it was just doing a fast tick over.
Naffed-off, floored the accelerator in 4th and came out of the esses to the finish straight and just left it to recover. Not Good.

First race run went much better and gave 32.08, so close to getting to a 31 something.
The others blasted up the hill in the class, the Mini just getting the better of the Metro, 28.74 v 28.83, the Metro clocking a 1.77 start, quite startling!

Most awesome part of the day was the first Top 12 run off where the Hill Record that stood for 13 years finally fell....
Three times!

The quickest ran into 22.3 seconds and 155 mph I think over the finishing line, simply stunning.

We are home in one piece, clean the car tomorrow ready for Prescott on 4/5 September, nd then the final meeting at Loton Park on the 25/26 Sept.

What to do over the winter break?