View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2022, 12:54 (Ref:4113403)   #9
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Not that I've ever liked comparing 'stick and ball' sports, but motor racing is the only sport that takes breaks while action is happening.
Other than motor sport - are there many other sports that have periods in excess of 45-50 minutes without a stop in play?

The only examples I can think of at present are long distance athletic events (marathons, cycling, triathlons). These also have commercial breaks during the action, and then 'catch-up' when the coverage resumes.