View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2022, 18:48 (Ref:4113459)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I appreciate the desire to not compare with stick and ball sports.

I wonder if there is anything to be learnt from cycling though?
Coverage of those events switches between groups regularly, and has been known to show the coverage 'as live', despite there being a delay in broadcast (golf also does similar).
If motor sport adopted this approach (particularly for endurance races) would the breaks be more palatable?
My idea? Something like this....

'This 30 minutes of commercial free coverage is brought to you by Budweiser. Budweiser. The King of Beers'. And scene

They did something like that in the early 90s when US TV markets just couldn't figure out how to bring the 90 World Cup final to an American audience without interrupting play every 10 mins...that or work out deals with car owners and TV sponsors to slap all sorts of adverts on the cars. There's already a 'Camping World' or whatever onboard cam.

Not sure on the delayed casting; I'm already about 45 seconds behind most timing and scoring with my streaming services, but not a bad idea.

I'm mostly the type is not persuaded at all by ads. Not. One. Bit! So the bombardment of Seth Curry and Derek Jeter hawking shitty submarine sandwiches or Flo trying to get me to buy crap car insurance from her simply do not work on me so they're all extra irritating. However, I think repetitive nature of them in a single broadcast is how they work on the gen pop....

Whadda I know other than I like to complain about ad breaks?