View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2022, 18:58 (Ref:4113460)   #13
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
My idea? Something like this....

'This 30 minutes of commercial free coverage is brought to you by Budweiser. Budweiser. The King of Beers'. And scene

They did something like that in the early 90s when US TV markets just couldn't figure out how to bring the 90 World Cup final to an American audience without interrupting play every 10 mins...

Not sure on the delayed casting; I'm already about 45 seconds behind most timing and scoring with my streaming services, but not a bad idea.

I'm mostly the type is not persuaded at all by ads. Not. One. Bit! So the bombardment of Seth Curry and Derek Jeter hawking shitty submarine sandwiches or Flo trying to get me to buy crap car insurance from her simply do not work on me so they're all extra irritating. However, I think repetitive nature of them in a single broadcast is how they work on the gen pop....

Whadda I know other than I like to complain about ad breaks?
I generally am not persuaded by ads because they use Curry, Chuck, and the dbag Yank to sell terrible garbage food and screw their franchisees and then sue them. I'm more likely to NOT buy if you bombard me.

EXCEPTIONS are huge though. I bought Patron when Ed brought them over with ESM, haven't lately but that's cause I have too much bourbon and no shelf space. I buy from O'Reilly cause a fella does but I usually went O'Reilly or Napa previously so no big change there. When I bought new car care stuff I bought Mothers, I did before but they paid for F1, yes a massively reduced rate but they stepped up, to be commercial free. And I did end up getting a survey from Advance (O'Reilly was out) and did reply sponsoring F1 WITHOUT ads was important and mentioned without ad interruption multiple times.

But then I'm weird and HATE the baseball and NASCAR "this XXXXXX brought to you by YYYYYYY." Last lap, mid 4th recap, etc all have become branded BUT didn't replace other ad time. And MLB is adding a single uni patch for 2023 so it continues, but they aren't making prices cheaper. It's just going to continue until they hit the point no one watches, and then the sponsors will all leave and we'll be back to naked cars and 15 car fields so the happy medium doesn't really exist any more outside of historic racing and rich guys paying to have fun.

And remember this is the same system that has added ads to syndicated TV shows. Friends and Seinfeld apparently both have added Coke cans in episodes, others have added props and dialogue not in the original. USA used to have sponsored TV shows, the writers HATED it and would have fun with it in shows like Burn Notice where they did the required promo comments VERY tongue in cheek and no one does that better than Bruce Campbell.