View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2008, 17:12 (Ref:2132708)   #328
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Three Pugs (two by right), three Pescas (one by right) and four Courages (none by right) seems pretty chauvinistic to me.
I would not call the selection of the 2 Japanese Courages chauvinism. That is merely a marketing decision to keep Japan interested in Le Mans and a way to promote the Asian Le Mans series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Outside of Peugeot and Pesca, there appears to be no benefit to LMS regulars either. 12 of the 20 P1 entries did not participate in the LMS last year and some have even not committed for this year. I suppose that, given the overscription for the LMS, they don't need to encourage participants.
Yes, in the past commitment to LMS was a necessity to get a Le Mans entry. However, all LMP2 selections for Le Mans do participate in LMS.

I find it is rather strange that Charouz/Cryptosport Lola-Judd is not selected for LMS, but they are for Le Mans.