Old 19 Feb 2008, 18:43 (Ref:2132777)   #336
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Mugen's pretty much break within 12 hours or the drivers crash as they can't see the road from the scale of vibration in the engine. The #22 has struggled to achieve a 50% finishing record over six hours let alone twelve or 24.

As for the other entry, someone must have twisted a lot of arms. Am I to beleive that ths is a revamped Group C motor being run by a 'team' that has never run a race... never mind a top class entry at Le mans. Are these folks safe???

All the Japanese entries have no merit in my view (even Dome) but perhaps a necessary evil to get them out to Shanghai. Given that these cars are unlikely to get past the six hour mark, Japanese interest will have to rely on the 'Mazda' and AIM engines which ought to sound different from the others.
Grat points! I agree on the Dome. Hopefully they will find someone other than Alex Yoong to wreck, err... drive it.

I wish the second Creation would have gotten in replacing one of these. I agree it is an effort to increase interest in the Asian series.