Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2016, 17:36 (Ref:3628780)   #296
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
If they do, they do. If they don't, they don't. I don't see the big deal either way.
I guess .... ??? Six cars in the top class beats ALMS I guess .... and it will give the PCs more room to run . But if Mazda only builds two DPis and the mystery team only brings two Cadillacs, that is a four-car top class. Still beats ALMS ... but is a definite step backwards for IMSA.

How many teams would bother bringing a Gibson-powered P2 if they knew they would lose? How many teams will find other places to race?

I just don't think it would be wise for IMSA to do anything to hurt its top class ... and given the history of series management, I therefore almost expect them to.