Thread: 2020 TCR Series
View Single Post
Old 8 Jul 2020, 01:43 (Ref:3986638)   #170
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
Even in this thread. Mixer can't even hold back from taking a shot at a class that has merit in Australia.

He can't even make the distinction between the production of the broadcast and the actual racing.

Mixer's comment (Aside from having nothing to do with the path of discussion) is not an observation that the broadcast is amateurish (It wasn't), but more that because it was a TCR broadcast, then TCR is amateurish.

It's ridiculous. It's not a comment from a guy who has a genuine interest in Australian motor racing.

Supercars media supposedly being "world class", then infers that supercars are "world class". It obviously isn't, But when you can distinguish what you see on the track relative to other professional series, then that's the comments you make.

If you were to ask what was so world class about supercars media?

"Err...hmm...urgh...burp...derp...ahh...Mike Raymond said so 10 or so years ago"
Err.. Umm... Actually Mixer did make a distinction because he referred to the TCR TV broadcast, and IMO he is right the broadcast, disappointingly amateurish. I own a TCR car here in NZ [were the TCR series is still struggling to get off the ground] however, my first love is V8 Supercars, and personally I think Supercars broadcasting is world class. Hopefully TCR Australia's TV Broadcasting, will now be of a similar standard to Supercars given that ARG has reportedly signed a production agreement with V8 Supercars TV unit.