View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 2007, 08:31 (Ref:2016544)   #317
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thoroughly enjoyed this years 1000K and found many more Grandstands open than in previous years. The lack of any catering at all at the Stowe end of the circuit however was a missed opportunity.

I thought that the commentary was excellent, well informed and very up to date. Ian Titchmarsh was superb as usual. One of the crucial things about a multi-class race is to point out things such as, "look out for cars 56 and 67, they are racing for position and the gap is closing". Constant updates on overall positions and close on track battles really did mean I could follow what was going on - shame it was on medium wave only though - don't many pocket radios come as FM only these days? I'm afraid that my only critisism of Radio Le Mans this year was that there seemed to be a lack of updates (other than the hourly rundowns) on some close on track battles and it wasn't always clear as to exactly what was going on in terms of position without looking at a timing screen. Note that is not to say that Radio Le Mans doesn't do a great job - it does - but I think it could be even better.

Back to Silverstone, there were a few locked gates around that meant some long walks which shouldn't have been necessary. Whoever organised the weather this time around did a great job, although 2005 also turned into an exciting race.