View Single Post
Old 27 May 2023, 14:50 (Ref:4158199)   #16
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
What happened to the No screens infront of the Garage rule?
That is a good question. I watched some of FP2 yesterday and during that a comment was made by the pit side commentary team that covers were allowed to hide the underbody floor/wing.

However when I look at the current sporting regulations (which covers this topic in Article 21 "COVERING OF COMPONENTS DURING A COMPETITION") it does include some exceptions to cover practical situations ("needed solely for mechanical reasons") and in in 21.3 they have a specific list of exclusions, but none mention covering the floors. I have not watched FP3, so I don't know what might have been covered then

Quote:
a) Covers which are placed over damaged cars or components.
b) A transparent tool tray, no more than 50mm deep, placed on top of the rear wing.
c) Warming or heat retaining covers for the engine and gearbox on the grid.
d) A rear wing cover designed specifically to protect a mechanic starting the car from fire.
e) Covers over the tyre manufacturer’s code numbers (not the FIA bar code numbers).
f) A cover over the car in the parc fermé overnight.
g) A cover over the car in the pit lane or grid if it is raining.
h) Tyre heating blankets as described in Article 10.8.4d) and 10.8.5 of the Technical
Regulations.
Richard