View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2020, 15:57 (Ref:3964574)   #279
Csaba
Racer

Hungary
Csaba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Clearly the organisers want them there badly enough but without customer cars it's not TCR.

will anybody bother to bring a new car to the series again?
Well Cupra just did it. But we have no idea of the teams/drivers. Azcona has tested it recently, and that is all we know.

Now on the other side of the story, you cannot enter the series since the 1st of March, that was the entry deadline if I'm correct. But Ribeiro said that they will not unveil the entry list until all of the teams announce their plans separately. Or at least the teams who asked for it.

BUT who are we still waiting for?
We have 4 Hondas, 4 Hyundais, 4 Lynks, maybe a few Cupras, at least one more Audi (as Comotoyou cannot run a single car, the rules did not permit it). But I don't have any more ideas who could join in

Hungarian Eurosport commentator Lantos AndrĂ¡s (sometimes he is present here on the forum too) asked the organisers if the 4 car/brand limit is still on?
They responded that it was never an official FIA rule, just a limitation made by the organiser to improve the diversity of the field. This could mean, that anyone could join in private cars if they want and have the budget. But with Engstler sport running two of the Hyundais, I doubt we will have any more. Maybe, just maybe Target...