View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 2012, 16:30 (Ref:3024158)   #274
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
If there are a number of LMPC/GTC teams that can't find the budget to run the whole of a short continental championship, I really wonder how legitimate those teams are. I guess I can kind of understand GTC as perhaps teams will be running those cars elsewhere in other series, but LMPC? That does not make a whole lot of sense. I guess that's why I'm a bit concerned about the car count.
Looking at the list as reported on Auto-Hebdo, they don't seem to have announced any LMPC entries yet (apart from a mention of a Loeb entry alongside their P2), but appear to be waiting until after the test scheduled later this month for some reason- They seem to be confident that they've got 6-8 full-season cars confirmed, but just aren't naming them yet...

'In the LMPC category, whose tests programmed at the Paul Ricard circuit were cancelled because of snow, the number of entries will be confirmed after the upcoming sessions on 23 and 24 February. Between six and eight Formula Le Mans are already confirmed for the whole season.'
http://www.lemans-series.com/en/s03_....php?news=2065

For the GTC class, maybe they're expecting a number of local entries at each round, rather than full-season regulars?