View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 2016, 14:44 (Ref:3669992)   #25
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
On track limits, this shot from directly above Ricciardo and Bottas clearly shows that the limits, to my mind, are being abused. I would love to be able to see another picture from about 2 metres further forward, as it seems as if the trajectory of the Red Bull would take all 4 wheels over the white line. Whatever, this move certainly gave Ricciard an advantage, allowing him to take 5th from the Williams driver.

Nothing will change until the FIA removes exit kerbs altogether and puts a king big obstacle on the apex of each corner.

In the meantime (at Monza) the first serrated kerb is meaningless and the real track limit is the sausage kerb next to it. I don't agree with that, but it's the way it is. When I've raced at places with flat meaningless kerbs, I've driven over them too. It's faster that way.