View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2004, 20:32 (Ref:934736)   #933
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's some comments by Henri on Ouest France

And a pic of the car scanned on "Le Maine Libre" by a member on MotorsLegend's forum...

Henri says that, beeing pennyless, the team had to use 2003 tyres, and was very disapointed to see the Audis 3 seconds beyond the Pescarolo. Then they used 2004 tyres and are closing to 1.5 second. With the accurate set up and trim, Henri thinks that they should be in Audi's pace...

Notice the air intakes in the rollbar... atmosphérical Judd !

Gorgeous in white, BTW...
Last edited by Fab on 7 Apr 2004 at 13:16

(This was Posted by Fab)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 4740 | From: Hitsville - France | Registered: Feb 2002

BMC [ ]
Rookie

7 Apr 2004 13:49

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you watch the pescarolo picture on DSC, you can see that the first (lower one) intake is just behind the drivers helmet. For my understanding this is not a very smart solution...

I concur with you, BMC.....

I do know that in the Indy Racing League, not only do teams make sure that the airbox has no onstructions from the helmet, but they also have had many teams actually experiment with helmets that have particular shapes or slops on the top of the helmet to help direct air above it into the airbox....

I don't know exactly how much of an affect it has on the air inatke system, but it does have to affect it in some way....

BTW....if I recall correctly from pictures I have seen of the Intersport Lola B160 Judd, the driver's helmet is definitely below the two stacked air intakes....

To see the pic of the "Pesca," go back a few pages to find the above post by Fab...he has the link already built into it....

and finally....compared to the 2003 livery, I'm not wild about the white....but henri is "unveiling" his new livery later in the month, isn't he???

Maybe the car won't be white after all....

One American Open Wheel Series!