View Single Post
Old 4 Jul 2008, 11:47 (Ref:2243798)   #22
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher
This is going to screw up the whole of the British racing scene.

Donington destroyed and probably bankrupted for a deal I really can't see them sustaining for the full 10 years.

Silverstone, in order that it does not decline to Rockingham like levels of white elephantism , I can see bidding for just about everything of status that Brands Hatch currently gets. Which in turn....

Really really bad move Bernie, but I guess it was as much about settling personal scores as making the deal.
Absolutely right. I can't think of any way that this will be good for motor racing in Britain.

It's going to be a huge disaster. Silverstone has all the plans in place to improve facilities (and I've never been, but from what I can gather a lot has been done already improve access etc. in recent years) but Donington has absolutely nothing in the pipeline right now. I just can't imagine how on earth this is supposed to come together in 2 years. Surely it's impossible?
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'