View Single Post
Old 8 Oct 2003, 02:20 (Ref:743580)   #1
brightline
Racer

United States
Temple Terrace, FL
brightline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A nice note from Team Herdez

Hi guys and gals- I recently sent an email to Herdez Competition asking them to either keep Roberto Moerno in the car for Mexico City or possibly run a third car. Here is their response:

Hi Adam:
First, thanks for your note to the team's website. I have passed along your note to our team principals. However, please understand that by the time the decision was announced to the public it was really too late to reverse that course. The time, preparation, staffing etc required to enter three cars for Mexico City was not viable for us as a team without sacrificing potential performance at the remaining races in Australia and Fontana. (I know that Walker is doing it but that is a different situation.) For Grupo Herdez, the commercial opportunities to running a second Mexican driver at the biggest race of the season (for Champ Cars and our sponsor group and our team) were too big to ignore.

We appreciate your input and I know Roberto is always glad to hear from his fans. I hope you will continue to support the team at Mexico City AND when Moreno returns to the car for the final two events of the year.

Thanks again for taking the time to email us.

Paige E. Pell
Herdez Competition Public Relations

All in all I was pleasantly surprised with the response but would still like to see Moreno in the car.