View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 2011, 10:09 (Ref:2956792)   #1295
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringMG View Post
The problem here is that Judd, Zytek, AMR, AER etc have the development cash to compete with a manufacturer. I don't know how much a lease for an engine for a season is but the proportion that gets put back into development is probably pretty low.

Lets be honest here none of these guys have even run with direct injection yet....Audi brought that out in what 2003? 8 years and none of them have it....that is your problem.

None of these privateer engines are even close to cutting edge and that is why no privateer will compete with a factory unless a big name manufacturer steps up and supplies works developed engines.

The HPD engine showed that they were a cut above any other engine manufacturers but even that was shown to be slightly lacking. The only way to compete in P1 as a privateer is with a Wirth chassis and HPD engine....but given Honda stepping away from P1 even that combination will lose more time next year than in previous years as there is just not the cash to develop it...end of.
RS spyder's engine was cutting edge, and I think it would be easy to port it to lmp1, but then since porsche is comming in 2014 its highly unlicky they will be seeling them to privateers, it aso had dfi I belive in from the 2009
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.