Old 1 Dec 2015, 01:07 (Ref:3594594)   #233
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetroll View Post
Since you brought it up... we have Central Muscle Cars, Northern and Production Muscle Cars, Super Mini, HQ & Super 6, Formula First, Honda Cup, Pirelli Porsche, Pro 7, SS2000, Super Lap, 2K Cup (Sat only) and Rotary Racing Enthusiasts (Sun only).

Dunno what you're looking for but I'm set for some great racing. Saturday's schedule will roll into the twilight so for $20 per adult for a weekend pass, it's pretty good bang for your buck I'd have thought...

This weekend was excellent and showed some great driving. Love them or hate them, the TR86s are incredibly quick and Ash Blewett is a talented young man.
Sounds like a great weekend and i'll be there Very well priced Racetroll.

I believe this is the first time 2k Cup has raced at Puke? (not sure if true or 100% accurate, I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong). This will provide some quite cool racing for the crowds I reckon.

On the Angus Fogg thing, I too was lucky enough to witness the hectic "right this one's had it, so lets get another one and make it look like the other one" event. It was an awesome effort and you are right, pretty much nobody would've known any different when he got back on track.

On a side note I hear the imported subgrade at HD is to be lime stabilised. This means that the high plasticity clays will be chemically altered to be a completely different soil (i.e. ******* hard and stable). From a road/track construction point of view, this is a very good idea as it will provide a solid foundation for the subbase and basecourse layers and of course, asphalt surfacing. It also means that some of the pre-load will be kept on, which is another good idea. If you want a classic example of what removing a pre-load on a peat subgrade does, then just look at the shocking example right next door on SH1. There is a section of the North bound lane that has been fixed up about 5 or 6 times due to poor design and knowledge of the area. It is starting to show signs of going again too, a mere 1 or 2 years since FH did the overlay. The issue is much deeper than the surface! You can also now visually see the bump at the end of the braking point into T6 now quite clearly, and that area was not treated correctly in the first place.

So some good construction going on at both Track and facility upgrades. I flew over the area last week and you can see the new layout quite clearly, and it just looks like such a fun track.