View Single Post
Old 11 Jun 2023, 11:56 (Ref:4162931)   #130
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
Not sure why we get the usual uk commentary team throughout practice and qualy yet for the race we've had what I'm guessing is the ISMA commentators (sky eurosport). With the exception of Jaques and Brundle I don't like them at all especially CF and has made it feel like a US race as thats where their knowledge and heart is.

Not a great fan of Haven but would have been nice to have had more than a couple of mins during the night and very much missed Davidson and Goodwin and the usual guests they have during the night.
Because Eurosport didn't do any production for prac/qual sessions and just used the plain world feed with its comms team (so called WEC comms team).

I guess the main reason to use a separate comms team is because the world feed comms would get muted awkwardly during ad and other breaks + cross-promotion (quite a few times they've mentioned the French Open...).