Old 15 Feb 2011, 20:58 (Ref:2831813)   #262
micky rason
Rookie

United Kingdom
hertfordshire
micky rason should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascona i2000 View Post
Mick was it you or your brother that once went off at the top of paddock at Brands. I remember th car parked in the gravel then Andy Clarkin came off in the same place in his red sunbeam, ploughing in to the mini pretty hard. The sunbeam shell is still around in toyo saloons occasionally, last time i saw it some years ago it still has a small kink in the roof from the accident!
John had an off at paddock but wasnt hit by anyone that i can remember. and as it would have been me repairing it..........
i had 2 offs !! 1 all on my own at mclaren in the wet. the late Roger Turners pit crew spent a couple of hours helping to get me to the grid and i made it just in time to start from the pit lane.
and 1 when i got pushed on the grass exiting clark onto the straight and lost it half way up the pit straight into the pit wall!! again all by my self!! that was scary as i was near the front at the time! and it was lap 1.
But funny enough...... as andy mentioned it i also had a comming together with one of the Hills at snett. i managed to out brake roger at the end of revett and he disapeared onto the grass only to reappear backwards infront of me in the esses! virtually totaled both cars but at least roger brought his to me for the repair ha ha. that was a filmed event and i have the tape didnt show the impact but nice pic of to sad looking minis !
roger did most of his own repairs but brought the bigger ones to me. i worked on Helens car as well a few times but dont remember one that big.
I havent spoken to him for a few years but i heard that Helen was very poorly so i hope all is ok in southend!

Last edited by micky rason; 15 Feb 2011 at 21:11. Reason: keep thinking of more things! ha ha