View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 2023, 13:01 (Ref:4165836)   #580
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
I wasn't aware that there was still a connection with Penske/Miller.

I was going through photos with a neighbor yesterday, taken at Road America circa 1984. Penske car in red/white Miller livery but I couldn't identify the year or the driver. Did Penske have Miller sponsorship prior to Sullivan in 1985? Who was the sponsor on Al Unser's car in 1983-4?

From what I've found scouring the interweb, Penske had a bright yellow livery for both Rick Mears and Al Unser in 1983. Mears' car had Pennzoil on the side pode and Unser had Hertz.

Al Unser

In '84 a red and white Miller livery appeared on Al Unser's car though it is different from the one that was on Danny Sullivan's car.