Thread: LM24 Le Mans 2007
View Single Post
Old 26 Jun 2006, 15:18 (Ref:1641712)   #39
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Animeishdwarf:
I'm a Canadian marshal who has the Le Mans bug, and I do it on $2000 or less. I could probably do it with having to buy tickets etc for about the same amount, since I spend money on items spectators don't have to, and vice versa. Essentially it's half for airfare and half for food, souvenirs, transport etc. But you can get cheaper airfares by booking as soon as the dates are set, or by being nice to someone with a lot of airline points (which is how I got there this year, thanks, bro). Essentially from North America you have to do a lot of it on faith -- faith that the dates don't change, faith that you'll get in (my acceptace doesn't usually get here until the week I leave), faith that you'll get vacation time, etc. I'm lucky that my top manager is racing-friendly, and makes sure to ask every January if "this is a Le Mans year".

You can do it and you should do it.

Hoping to make it back for the 75th,
keke