Thread: LM24 Le Mans 2007
View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2006, 14:14 (Ref:1643452)   #44
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedome
Hello Forum,

First time poster here. So far I've managed two trips to Le Mans in 2003 & 2005, the first time me and three mates just turned up and stood for what seemed the entire race, second time around we were a bit more organised with grandstand seats.
So this is why we are heading back next year. I've read all the comments about being bitten by the bug and I know what you mean.
A question for the forum, is the drive to Le Mans via Paris the better option, as the previous two trips were through the countryside from calais to rouen.
And where is the best place to be, in a grandstand or elsewhere, although a friend and I did manage a walk through the woods and came out just before the first chicane on saturday evening in 2005.

Any help wouid be gratefully appreciated to a newbie
The Rouen route is I think the best, it is now almost unbroken motorway, however if you use the n138 it is a much nicer run, allowing stops for supermarket and drinks, and no tolls. Due to the fact that you are also driving on the old roman roads, straight between points a and b the old N138 is also shorter than the motorway which winds al over the place, see map.

Once at Le Mans, why walk around, you have a car drive, just follow the signs to Virage Mulsanne, porsche curves and Arnarge, it can take a while but it is well worth it. Just one point designate a driver to remain sober for each trip.

Once you have seen the race from those points you will go back each year, and also do it both in daylight and at night.