View Single Post
Old 4 Jul 2011, 22:59 (Ref:2918248)   #37
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Not sure if this has been done before but -
Le Mans has basically seen a who's who of drivers compete in the event over the years.

So many big name drivers try it, even if only once. SO, which drivers who have never sampled the delights of La Sarthe would we like to see race?

For me I'd love to see Dario Franchitti do the race. He has nothing to drove doing what he is doing now. With Marino establishing himself in sportscars it would be great to see those two team up.

Another name that gets banded around a lot, usually in wild rumours, is Kimi Raikkonen. I'd be intrigued to see how he could adapt to this type of racing and how on the pace he would be if he was placed in top line machinery.
Quite possibly worthy of its own thread.

For a couple of starters though:

Jenson Button - always struck me as having the balanced approach and attitdue that could reap rewards in sportscars

Juan Pablo Montoya - to have decent shot at getting the triple crown - and yes, I know he's said he has no interest in it, but why not have some aspirations for changing his mind?