View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2019, 11:19 (Ref:3913459)   #12
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
That depends on being faster than GT500.

I would fully expect 2022 DPi to be BoP'd at LMP1 pace at best though, there's absolutely no benefit to going faster. If that is even possible using next gen LMP2 cars as the base vehicle.
As far as we know, is the plan for DPi 2.0 to utilize the upcoming P2 chassis as a base? Do we know anything about the upcoming P2 chassis? I assume they will follow a similar format with a small number of regulated manufacturers but I can't imagine the actual rules regarding the tub will change all that much.

I guess what I'm getting at is, I expect the next gen dpi cars to be about the same (in looks) as the current cars but will also include some type of hybrid system. Don't know what will be done with minimum weight but I would have to imagine the cars will be faster on the current IMSA tracks than they are right now