View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2020, 22:00 (Ref:3959129)   #5
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I guess I'd put 2017 down as the next favorite even though the field was lacking, again, DRAMA. I remember talking to Sam Collins at our very own ten tenths meet-up. "Hey Sam, who you think's gonna win the race?". Sam replies with a bit of nonsense, "Oh, I really think a P2 car is going to win it this year, the P1s just seem to fragile". Ha ha Sam with that crazy talk. Many, many hours in his words were prophetic. Yet again Toyota royally screwed the pooch, had bad luck, and must have upset some godly figure. Of course even when the Jackie Chan car was leading for many hours we all knew that the Porsche was going to come back, but hey, we got to dream for a bit didn't we? Plus I was in good company that year with many, many friends who joined me from the states.
Haha crazy talk I remember Sam Collins back in the day, predicting who was going to be in the top 5 of the F1 drivers championship... one of the names was Trulli (driving Lotus-Caterham-thing)... he was so terrible at guessing anything about drivers, but great with cars

Anyway _drama_ is indeed what fuels many of the great memories. Drama, that is earned though. Fabricated drama is no fun, which is what I think most of the future is going to be about.

Thanks for sharing memories though, you and the others