Thread: IMSA: 2020
View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2019, 02:34 (Ref:3923579)   #55
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
No can do right now by agreement with the ACO. LMP2s have to be approximately equal to ACO specs.
I don't think that's what it says, they've never said that that I've seen. However, the team taking the Trueman award I believe has to run a compliant LMP2 and a sped up car would not meet that. But even then I think it's just an LMP2 that can be entered at LM so they could return to standard spec and done.

But would Gibson support an engine outside of the specs? They know how it does now but would they let someone run it up with more power? Or would a team be willing to pay the development costs? Doubt it would be a free click a few times and done upgrade, especially with the engine developed to specific standard, cost and use cycle