View Single Post
Old 4 Nov 2010, 00:44 (Ref:2784695)   #39
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Because that is the reward that loyalty should bring.

Steve, we choose to go around like race gypsies, and I shall do so again next year, but I will not expect to be picked for a big meeting at a circuit before a marshal who has done most, if not all, of the meetings at that circuit regardless of grid sizes or weather.
Someone who does all of the BTCC could very well argue that they should expect to be picked before a marshal who only does one circuit, as they have shown "loyalty" to the series, and gone to the circuits where numbers are fewer, to support that series.

Why, would you say, is circuit loyalty more important than series loyalty? How can it possibly be fair to tell someone who has travelled literally 1000s of miles to support a series, and been to every meeting of that series: "oh, sorry, you're surplus to requirements for this one," instead giving preference to somebody who can only be bothered to drive 10 miles each weekend? The fact is, that your "loyalty" argument works both ways.

My loyalty is to motor racing as a whole. I expect to be treated equally to anyone who has done a similar number of meetings to me. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by Guinness2702; 4 Nov 2010 at 00:53.