View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2021, 00:55 (Ref:4046337)   #366
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Aston Martin looking for the rules on aero changes this year to be tweaked - claiming that it is unfair (isn't life unfair generally?).

Horner thinks that AM is being Naive, points out that changes were unanimously agreed, including by AM (or Racing Point as they then were).

I was thinking that we might start to see some stuff like this from AM when the going gets tougher, as I watched Lawrence Stroll on "Drive to Survive". Wondered if he'd be the latest in a long line of wealthy people buying into F1 teams and expecting results to improve by their normal business methods, only to find out that F1 is a unique animal. After that, ego and probably some arrogance comes into play but often leads to having a sulk and walking away from the sport - not good for a team when that happens.

I'd suggest that every team in pit lane feels that there will be regulations that work against them but they all understand that working smarter and harder themselves is how they deal with that - one of the challenges of F1.

I guess alternatively the AM crew could go back into (T)Racing Point mode (sorry Gert) and head over to Milton Keynes with their tracing paper and pencils?