View Single Post
Old 17 May 2012, 15:06 (Ref:3075743)   #18
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
this is harsh (and giving undue credit to snooker ) but true in a way. i think being bored of short races helps too. you have to be able to see a big picture that doesn't exist in short races, even in f1 when everyone's on completely different pit strategies. unless i can get behind a couple of cars and follow their progress in particular i find wec and sportscars very difficult to watch.

fwiw i watched live streaming of the wec at spa on the laptop and that was fabulous - it's more watchable in that format than on tv, but i can understand why people might want to watch a hd broadcast on a massive screen. if they charged a negligable amount for a season of wec (say £2 per race) which then gave you in addition a lmp2 feed as well as the on board one... i think i'd pay for that. purely because watching audis go round in circles after a while gets boring. and to be honest, for newbies, gives the whole thing a bad impression. there's so much more going on in the field than tv can provide for i guess.

another vote for radio le mans though. it works really well with the live streaming because more often than not we don't need someone to tell us what we can see. we want a bit of well informed banter and some insight into the potential concequences to listen to whilst it's happening.
Whenever I watch Le Mans I always mute the commentary and just listen to the RLM feed for precisely that reason, you still hear car noises and so forth so it doesn't sound too odd - I get the feeling this is quite a common thing to do as well

(And if something dramatic does happen on track the feeds are pretty much in sync so they cut in to talk about it about the same time as the live commentary)