View Single Post
Old 18 Jan 2014, 16:40 (Ref:3355649)   #1741
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, indeed it is Andy.
The car I understand was not working well (!), and Terry asked Jonathan (who I know well in hillclimb circles) to try it.
I think the issue was gear change and led to the intricate linkage i removed and I copied the very direct Ultima linkage which works well but I added a few tweeks to their idea to suit the hills/me.

The original engine was a 2 litre BRM unit because the first car was based on a single seater BRM chassis.

Terry ran the Nomad silenced just once, at that hillclimb, before removing them to open pipes for the rest of the circuit races he did.

The custom silencers eventually ended back on the engine after 10 years!

Terry regularly visits the Midland Hills and dribbles when he sees the Lola

The car is with McClurg Motorsport and a plan agreed to keep it set-up as it was since it was so friendly to drive.
It is being kept company by two fab race cars that have been cossetted by Sean, and the one car is enough to melt anyone's heart.

Spanners crossed and the weather holding out, the car will be back at Race Headquarters next saturday.

Martini stripes next, bleed the brakes since I horrified Sean when I last did them... and go over the engine/box fluids and the ignition/carbs.

Fresh tyres in March after payday and that will be all the Brownie Points spent, and my pocket money for the summer too.

Bit nice, seen at Mallory about 3 years ago, never seen since. Looks to be on a Chevron base?

Last edited by 911thillclimber; 18 Jan 2014 at 16:59.