View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2007, 06:46 (Ref:1946014)   #79
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see that the Rover look,s the same as when I,d finnished the restoration!.Every body panel came off,including the roof which was standard ally.Engine size ,in fact is 4.2,and there were 2 cars built,the one in the photo ,plus a two door version,now in Oz .The car has sat[untill it was sold] in my ex-boss,es collection since the early 80s,never turned a wheel after i,d road tested it ! The MGC on the Right of the picture is an Ex-works Replica,originally owned by Collin Pearcy,It was originally finnished in TartanRed,but we decided to repaint it the way the work,s did,just an outside paint job basically ,left the engine bay,doorshuts etc in Red to replicate what the work,s did after they were told that the various cars had to be in thier respective countrys colours!The Healey [top right] in the picture is the Ex-works car of Donald Grimshaw,the subject of a full resto job before it went into the collection.The Landcrab,Ex-works and bought from Phillip Young ,who Started Sporting Car,s Magazine ,and was to become a good friend after countless visits to the collection.The Red Wheel next to the Crab is from one of the BASTOS SD1,s.[The subject of another thread] Yes ,it would be good to see these cars out again,makes you wonder how many Special Saloons are left doe,snt it ?Both Rovers were Nicholson built

Last edited by terence; 25 Jun 2007 at 06:50.