View Single Post
Old 23 Dec 2011, 00:17 (Ref:3003413)   #1275
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
When going through the WEC sporting regulations (available here), I noticed that the 2% BoP rule is still there.

Last year, the small petrol powered teams did not like the fact that they had to do all the investments when they got a restrictor and weight cut before Le Mans. Next year this rule will still be in effect, instead of slowing down the fastest technology (most likely diesel engines and/or hybrid cars).

In LMP2 the rules are exactly the opposite:

I guess this is another clear message that LMP1 is for manufacturers and LMP2 for privateers.
When different techonolgies is avalible a BoP makes sense, but when only petrol non hybrid is allowed, the BoP makes no sense, as in theory, the slowest and often cheapest car will dictate the pase of the others. This will completely kill any effort from manufacture a fast car, and instead focus on making them cheap, and sell the cars under the slogan: "dont worry about the speed, as regulation will make you competitive". We risk that the manufactures only think of selling cars for profit, and is headed by people like Jean Py! (the person who ran Pescarolo Sport to the ground)
I know the idea is a bit "out there", but in general there is nothing but good sportsmanship, from stopping this from happening