Thread: Scanners
View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2004, 18:16 (Ref:1073011)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My son and I had a scanner with a splitter with two sets of headphones at Kentucky last weekend...He asked for one for his birthday, so it was our first time to use one...

It was excellent....I highly recommend it!!!

Be sure to get it in time to tune in the frequencies of the various teams, including alternate frequencies, so that you can "quick change" the cars you are monitoring....

The radio we got was from Radio Shack....but it had some frequencies from last year...so you'll have to go to the internet to seek the frequencies they are using this year...

Also, be sure to plug in the ABC/ESPN frequencies and the IRL's own Race Control frequencies....you pick up a great deal of additional info from monitoring those two as well....

On ABC you can hear the producers talking to the broadcast team and can hear how they are following the action, as well as hear the producer telling which image they will be putting on the screen, and feeding Paul & Scott info and insight to add to their commentary...

I'm not sure how the IRL does it, but most races have a helicopter that provides the radio signals for the teams, etc., so I don't know if you could monitor them unless it was on the web...

But I could be wrong on that...

One American Open Wheel Series!