View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 2024, 13:45 (Ref:4202264)   #2136
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Would an old tub be allowed, passed 2024 crash tests, homologation requirements etc?
That's an interesting question. I don't know the answer. The question is if there were any 2024 regulation changes that might invalidate the 2023 car. If none and the prior car was homologated against an unchanged ruleset then it might be technically allowable. But as pointed out earlier, it is infeasible for the reason that the 2023 and 2024 car are different enough that it would be a lot of year specific spare parts to haul around. Clearly the answer is they need a spare 2024 tub and I believe that is their plan. They were late with the items for the two 2024 cars, so they are behind on having a spare 2024 tub ready.

Richard