Thread: WEC Race 2012 Six Hours of Fuji
View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2012, 21:14 (Ref:3146297)   #18
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
I am not convinced that this is the case.

Toyota always said that Bahrain was the circuit on the WEC calendar that suited their car the most. Yet, Audi could match their race pace. In http://www.motorsport-total.com/wec/..._12100301.html Vasselon provides an explanation for this.

The 1.5 km straight of Fuji should really suit the R18. Audi does not have to trim down the aero in order to get a good top speed, because of the power advantage of their diesel engine.
I didn't ask your opinion on whether you think they can win or not . I asked about the championship battle between the two Audi's if Toyota wins both the final races.

As for the tracks suiting a particular car; LeMans was supposed to be Audi as well, they got passed on track. Silverstone, passed on track. Brazil, lapped on track. Bahrain, passed on track. Fuji? May as well keep the trend. Recall Silverstone and Bahrain have long straights. Bahrain is like Fuji in that it has slow corners before long acceleration zones. 3 of 4 hybrid Zone's follow a huge acceleration zone. ALL of the hybrid zones are at least 20kmh under what Audi can release their hybrid power on the front wheels. That's an advantage to Toyota.