View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 2016, 22:57 (Ref:3684128)   #89
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hi Ray, I was there and thoroughly enjoyed it - it will replace my annual Pukekohe visit for the Supercars from now on.

Tony Quinn has done a great job so well done him. The big new car park out the back seemed to work well as well. There looked to be one structure yet to be put in place, it was a large red truss bridge structure. Not sure where this was meant to go or whether it was just a leftover from something else - my thoughts were it could possibly be a gantry bridge for the start/finish line to hang lights off etc but also give the ability for officials to cross the track during races. Anyone know anything?

One thing I REALLY think they need for next year is a big screen sitting on the bank opposite the hillside by the hairpin, with live timing showing (no need for camera footage necessarily) as it became impossible to tell who was leading after the first round of pit stops. As a consequence, we didn't realize that the Ferrari which was spun on the last lap was actually in a potential podium position.

Great race though, great day and really like the new facilities. NZ's number one circuit without a doubt now.