Thread: 2023 Extreme E
View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2023, 14:27 (Ref:4177576)   #21
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Why not?
Summary of the situation here - https://racer.com/2023/08/29/extreme...-fall-through/

'Extreme E will remain in Sardinia for the seventh and eighth rounds of the 2023 season on September 16-17 after plans for an event in Argentina fell through late on, RACER can reveal.

Originally slated for the Amazon or the United States until the location was changed due to local funding issues, the fourth event of the season was then set to take place in Argentina. However, local elections complicated matters, delaying the arrival of crucial local funding once again and leading the series to find another replacement at the eleventh hour.

The series was presented with the option to leave equipment at the Pisano Barracks in Capo Teulada, Sardinia, which hosted the Island X Prix in July and has been a mainstay on the schedule since the series’ first season in 2021. With the offer on the table, the decision was taken to remain there for another event, minimizing the financial impact on teams and the series’ environmental impact as a whole, while maintaining a 10-round, five event schedule. The vast, open location will also enable the series to devise an entirely new track at the same site.'