View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2008, 06:57 (Ref:2235410)   #1704
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
DJ, Virgo did not get a podium in GT2 - the engine died at something like hour 19 or hour 20. BMS was 2nd, Farnbacher 3rd (so still each of Michelin, Pirelli and Dunlop on the podium).

I think Peugeot lost their best shot for a meaningful win. If Audi comes back with a new car (as we know they won't return with the R10) then they should have produced a better car than the 908 by this stage. If they don't, well, the Peugeot win will have even less clout than those works Audi wins, cause in the height of the R8 era there was never such a dramatic pace disparity between works and privateers.
Ooops yeah I forgot the Virgo car died and they didn't quite make it.

They still ran well and proved they are one of the better Ferrari teams in the World, on Dunlops no less.

I think Audi will be back, why not? Le Mans is only getting bigger and more important than ever in the grand scheme of things.

Why drop down to GT1 or even GT2 and actually you can do both. Its not like Porsche all of sudden stop supporting the Turbo GT2 cars when they built and ran the GT1 and GT1-Evo cars, clearly.

America is still the unconquered Diesel market and they are a luxo make. You would think somebody is not going to let VW AG dominate the mid market and high end Diesel markets..

But I digress...

I think you will see a coupe based visually on the R8 street car and have a direct link, something they haven't been able to do for marketing reasons.

The new NSX has been caught testing on the 'Ring, so Acura too will have a direct link on the showroom to their high-tech closed GT car too and it should be a whale of a show, especially if Toyota enters, the stakes only get, higher from here on out.