View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2002, 03:44 (Ref:259536)   #1
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Juan still whinging - before the race!!!!!!

Quote:
Juan Pablo Montoya has spoken to race director Charlie Whiting about the incident at the Brazilian Grand Prix where World Champion Michael Schumacher clipped his wing, effectively ending the Colombian's race.

It is just for the future. The thing should be revised - what is blocking and what is not blocking? Because you describe blocking as when you protect your line not when you take somebody's wing off," added the Colombian.

But Montoya dismissed the suggestion that he would now be ready to use the same tactics as Schumacher, whom he strongly criticised after the incident.

"If you see someone steal a car would you go and steal a car because someone else got away with it? I wouldn't," said Montoya. "I believe you want to win but you want to win fairly I don't want to get home and say I won because I pushed that guy off. I want to say I won because I was the quickest".
I think JPM really needs to take a look at the incident again. Michael did not chop across and cut off his wing!!! Michael defended his line aggressively and Montoyas wing was still fine when Michael had completed the move. JPM was behind Michael with his wing still 100% intact. Then he got sucked in by the slipstream and his wing flew off. JPM should grab a tape of Spa 2000 and watch how Mika reacted to Michaels agressive manouvers (which were at higher speeds!!! and hence would have required quicker reactions). Mika didnt spend the next two weeks complaining about that to the press. Gosh, even Patrick Head has said JPM was impatient!! In a poll at Planet-f1, over 70% said that Montoya had no one to blame but himself!! Montoya should stop trying to stir the press and get back to racing. I think its already affected him this week. 4th in quals behind ralf.