View Single Post
Old 13 May 2023, 13:06 (Ref:4155841)   #87
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just bringing this back because if the stories are true the scheme will be implemented fron June this year. So far the BTCC and British GTs (I believe) have implmented the changes and a lot of controversy has arisen. The problem appears to be in two parts; 1, they are relying on observers rather than technology, hence the front runners are scrutinised but the mid pack and back markers appear to be escaping any penalty; and 2, the system doesn't cope with amateurs who don't have an extensive pit crew and are therefore required to watch the start/finish flag post which will tell them if they've transgressed, this is likely to be too late for the driver to change driving style.

I know there are some who believe you should never, ever cross the white lines on pain of being drummed out of the brownies, but face facts, it happens. Thus the application of this new system appears to be ill thought out.