View Single Post
Old 10 May 2021, 14:33 (Ref:4050881)   #3
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A 2-2 draw, which is possibly predictable given that these are two cars from the same manufacturer just a year apart, and both delivering a WDC.

However - my deciding vote goes to the RB8.
Why? - The RB9 was dominant, but only as a result of the tyre compound (IMO).
Whereas the RB8's success was down to the car alone, and the work that the team put in to make it a success. It had competition, and overcame that to win.

My vote is based on how the cars finished their development - one of them was a result of tyres, the other a result of design.

And the RB8 had a better livery