View Single Post
Old 14 Sep 2023, 10:37 (Ref:4176602)   #29
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
The problem IMO is with the race stewards who jump on every dubious move by a driver. It's motor racing for goodness sake! I get so annoyed when the message that 'such and such an incident between driver x and driver y is under investigation' comes on screen.

That is unfortunate, Peter, however a lot of the problem is that drivers in all forms of racing, from F1 down to the humble clubbie, are incapable of policing themselves and driving responsibly.

You and I both raced a long time ago, and I can recall being told at the drivers' briefing that unacceptable driving would result in that driver being black flagged and excluded from further racing that day.

When was the last time you saw a black flag shown for a driving infraction? I can't remember it was so long ago and drivers are now dealt with, usually, after a race.

It's a bit like life in general; there seems to be a lot of lacking in self-discipline nowadays.