Thread: Driver Sebastian Vettel retires
View Single Post
Old 28 Jul 2022, 17:52 (Ref:4120775)   #20
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Sorry, but what happened? I never followed that story.
It was just a short sequence on the tv coverage.

A link to the highlights of it is here - https://twitter.com/i/status/850528724671807488

Red Bull described the events as:

'A set of very dedicated, but slightly orthographically-challenged, Sebastian Vettel fans had decided to tough out the session, and were proudly displaying a tribute to their hero from the stands, which the circuit's cameras picked up. There was only one problem…

Seb, with nothing better to do in the cockpit of his Ferrari than watch the FOM broadcast, was quick to point out his fans’ error, raising his index finger and thumb to the cameraman in his garage to complain about the missing ‘L’.

With the fans clocking their error and Seb's correction on the big screen, the banner was hastily amended (where did they get the spare 'L' from?) and, order restored, the supporters were treated to their idol's seal of approval…'