View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2024, 15:09 (Ref:4205592)   #3212
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
So I've been thinking (yeah, I know ).

The studio approach that Sky has been taking for the last few races is terrible IMHO. I assume that they've done it for budget reasons but it results in the pundits being too far removed from what is happening at each Grand Prix and as a result, takes a lot away from the quality of the broadcasts - making them too sterile I reckon.

In China this weekend they've REALLY cut back, with Nico Rosberg initially by himself in Shanghai doing the pre-session chats (he claimed that no-one had told him). They quickly moved Ted to be with Nico but I think that the whole studio move hasn't worked at all - just takes far too much away from the experience.

My 2c worth.
totally agree.

its an odd viewing experience having them stand over their table top touch screen while talking to each other...they are kind of staring down at it rather than looking at the 'audience'...it all just feels very disconnected to me.

the actual race broadcasts remains the same for me tho...its really just the pre and post show issue for me. maybe just felt worse because of the number of sessions during a sprint format weekend?