View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2009, 23:25 (Ref:2486209)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMadness View Post
What colour was that gold ?

Blimey I'd completely forgotten about that 'Truseal Mod Prods'. I first saw them down at Lydden, I think I've still got the program

Now from what I can remember the Britnell brothers were racing their Mk2 RS2000s and Andy Pyke had his Mk1 Mexico. I even think Ellis Bergman might have been racing ? Plus there was a orange Sunbeam Lotus, but I don't remember his name, I think I was probably still going to school when these cars raced.
And you may have remembered a red Chevrolet Monza Spyder V8 driven hard into the bank and totalled by moi at the same meeting. That thing had a twist in the chassis and just would not turn right preferring to go straight on which it did at the end of the start finish straight! Such a shame never seen one raced over here before or after and so much potential in car the size of Vauxhall Coupe yet fitted with a 5.7 V8.